At Custom Interconnect Limited, we offer a complete micro packaging solution. We provide bonding of bare die using conductive and non-conductive die attach materials, eutectic solders and silver sintering techniques. Our facilities have the capacity for every order size – from orders worth several hundred thousand to single die and batches of one. We have three fully automatic die placement machines - two of which are high accuracy machines for larger die and more complex component handling. If you’re looking for die bonding, get in touch with our helpful sales team today.
Our Die Attach Capabilities
Our bare die placement capability is second to none:
- Positional accuracy – currently our positional accuracy is achieving better than 10 microns in both X & Y, and a theta accuracy of better than 1.0 degree.
- Variety of die types available - We have extensive experience in placing and running production quantities of IGBT, SiC, GaN, ASIC, MEMS, LED, Laser, Detectors, Medical Sensors and all commercially available die types.
- Placement accuracy - Using our Non-Contact Coordinate Measurement station, we can verify placement accuracy to a resolution of better than 1/10 of a micron.
- Range of die sizes - Die sizes processed can vary from 0.3mm x 0.3mm up to 100.0mm x 150.0mm and can be of any semiconductor material.
- In house testing - As new or revised materials and structures become available we are able to conduct controlled Shear Testing in-house using our Dage Die Shear & Wire Pull Test Station. This ensures that appropriate standards for die attach and its shear strength are met.
We also have on site numerous N2 storage cabinets for the long term storage of wafers / die. This enables us to bond die to a variety of substrates which include:
- FR4 Laminate COB
- Alumina or other Metallised ceramics.
- DBC / AMB / AiN substrates
- Ceramic packages and lidding for component obsolescence and high temperature requirements
- Carbon Fibre and Steel.
- Aluminium Backed & Aluminium
- Thick Film & Thin Film.
- Polyimide rigid and flexible circuits.
- RT / DUROID / RO4350B circuits up to 40GHz
Why work with CIL?
As part of a Product Technical Review, we can provide our customers with design proposals detailing appropriate substrates. Additionally, we’ll be able to advise on the choice of materials and finishes. Our Project Management and Engineering Team have the requisite experience and knowledge to help and assist you with this process.